Thursday, October 31, 2013

Gelicious experiment

During my last Gelicious attempt I left the optional base out of the process on my right hand to see if there was much of a difference.

Turns out there is.  I did use my right hand for the experiment and because it's   my dominant hand my nails did cop it more but by mid-week I had a few chips.

So today 12 days after the mani was done my nails looked like this:



My other hand was barely touched.

So the base coat definitely made a difference in the polish's longevity.

The other thing I wanted to know was how easier it would make removal.

For my left hand I kept the nails wrapped up for a good 15 minutes and still had to scrape.  



You can see where I had to scrape - tiny white peely bits. In a few hours the scrapes seem to buff off naturally but I am worried about my nails' health.

On the other hand, literally, I didn't have to do anything.  I peeled off the wrap and the polish fell off.



So,,, what does this mean for me?

To be honest I love the easier clean up.  I got less mileage out of the manicure but still it was over a week - longer than my normal polishes.  

I think I'll only use the Optional Base Coat when I really need my nails to last the full fortnight.





No comments:

Post a Comment